Pringles Party Speakers and Music Festival Promotion -
Terms & Conditions
1. The Pringles Party Speakers and Music Festival Promotion (“the Promotion”) is open to all residents of South Africa who are aged 18 years or older permanently residing in South Africa and meet the requirements of these terms and conditions, excluding employees and their immediate families of Pringles International Operations SARL Singapore Branch or the Kellogg Company South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“Promoter”), its related bodies corporate and its associated parties where “Associated Parties” includes without limitation, the agents, contractors, and distributors of Pringles that are involved in the Promotion.
2. By participating in this Promotion you represent that you are eligible to participate and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. All entries submitted in compliance with these Terms and Conditions and not disqualified are considered eligible.
The Promotion entitles you to:
4. A chance to win a Pringles Party Speaker (“the Speaker Prize”) designed for use with any Pringles can; and
5. A chance to win a 3 night’s trip to London, UK to attend a music concert between August 21st - August 24th 2015 (“the Grand Prize”).
The Speaker Prize:
6. The Party Speakers are battery powered using standard AA batteries (battery not provided), and can be connect via a standard 3.5mm plug to phones and music players that are compatible. Specific usage instructions are available inside the speaker package.
7. The Speaker Prize Promotion commences on 1 May 2015 and closes on 31 May 2015.
8. Winners are determined by random draw taking place every Friday during the Promotional period.
9. To be eligible to participate, participants must purchase in one transaction 2 cans of 110g Pringles (of any flavour) and retain receipt from merchant as proof of purchase. Thereafter participants must SMS the last 4 digits of the barcode number of one of the 2 cans purchased, plus their name and town to the number provided.
10. Winners will be notified by SMS to select a preferred collection address within a pre-defined range of locations. Prizes will be delivered within 30 days to the collection address nominated by the winner.
11. Each SMS entry shall be charged at standard SMS rates apply. Free and bundle SMS vouchers do not apply. Incomplete entries may be billed by your service provider.
12. To collect the party speaker, you need to produce proof of purchase plus the confirmation SMS at the time of collection.
13. Participation is limited to one entry per person entering number.
14. Winners must collect the Prize within 3 weeks from the time notified by the Promoter, after which the Prize will be forfeited.
15. The Promoter and its agents do not accept any liability for lost, stolen or damaged Prizes.
The Grand Prize
16. Entries for the Grand Prize open at 9:00am on 5 March 2015 and closes at 17:00pm on 15 June 2015. The official clock for this Competition is the Promoter’s computer.
17. To participate, record a short video clip of between 30 and 480 seconds of yourself, or your friends making music using Pringles cans as musical instruments. Upload the video to a publically accessible website on the internet such as on YouTube. Send the internet link or URL of the video to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit the link to the video directly onto the www.pringles.com, when the facility is available.
18. Winners will be determined by adjudication based on criteria including but not limited to overall impression, technique, execution, originality, personality and degree of difficulty.
19. All entry posts will hereinafter be referred to as ("Submission" or "Submissions"). Once submitted, all Submissions become the exclusive property of the Promoter and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to confirm the identity of the entrant prior to the adjudication process.
21. All contents of entrants Submissions, including but not limited to text, must be completely and solely original to each entrant and must not have been taken or composed, in whole or in part, from any other source other than entrant in order to be eligible for submission to the Promotion. Submissions which contain materials that are not the original work of the entrant, or are illegible or incomplete, will not be accepted.
22. Submissions must not include, depict or make reference to any of the following: obscenity, explicit or inappropriate language, nudity, pornography, explicit sexual activity, illegal drug or alcohol use, violence, commercial products, unauthorized copyrighted or trademarked properties, including brand names, material that is hateful, tortious, defamatory, disparaging, slanderous, libelous, or otherwise unlawful, material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but limited to, rights of privacy or publicity or any other intellectual property rights, material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or promotes discrimination based on race, ethnicity, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation, personal identifiable information, including but not limited to, names, phone numbers, personal addresses, and any other content that could be considered inappropriate or offensive, as determined by Promoter in its sole discretion.
23. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Submission that they deem, in their sole discretion, to be a violation of these rules or that are not in keeping with the Promoter's image. Promoter may modify or edit any Submission, or request entrant to do so, so that such Submission meets such guidelines. Promoter is not obligated to use, publish or display or broadcast any Submission.
24. By entering Promotion, each entrant represents and warrants that: (i) it has all rights to the contents of Submission, and all components thereof, necessary to grant the rights granted herein; (ii) the Submission does not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; and (iii) the Submission is free and clear of any and all liens or claims with respect to the use of the Submission in the manner authorized herein and will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights or interests of any third party, or give rise to any clams for any payment whatsoever.
25. In consideration for being considered to enter this Promotion, entrants grant Promoter and their respective representatives, affiliates, licensees, successors an assigns: (i) the right, but not the obligation, to edit, adapt, reformat, rearrange, modify, combine with other material, add to and/.or customize Submission; and (ii) the non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty free, right and license to exhibit, display, broadcast, copy, reproduce, encode, compress, encrypt, incorporate data into, rebroadcast, transmit, record, publicly perform, create derivative works of, distribute and synchronize in timed relation to visual elements, and or otherwise, exploit, the Submission, and/or any portions or excerpts thereof, in any manner including advertising, promoting and publicizing Promoter, an unlimited number of times, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without any additional liability, obligation or additional payment of any kind to entrant or any third party.
26. All Submissions deemed suitable by the Promoter, in its sole discretion, can or will be posted on www.pringles.com and/or Pringles Facebook page, YouTube, and other internet forums, websites, permanently.
27. Entrants agree that Promoter may: (i) use their Submissions, including entrant's first name and state of residence in whole or in part for any purpose whatsoever without any additional compensation; and (ii) broadcast, copy, reproduce or edit the Submission and/or any portion or excerpts thereof, in any manner, an unlimited number of times in any and all media without geographic or time locations.
28. Entries must be by the person submitting them and not by a third party on the participant's behalf.
29. All information provided must be complete and accurate.
30. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, damaged, corrupted, delayed, illegal or which are unable to be submitted due to software or hardware failure or for any other reason beyond its control including unavailability of the websites, network or telecommunication failures.
31. Winners will be notified personally via email provided by the participant at the time of entry to the Promotion, within 15 days after the contest is over.
32. If a winner does not respond within 3 days of first being contacted by the Promoter, is not reachable, or if a notification email to a winner is returned as undeliverable, the winner may forfeit their right to receive the prize and a replacement winner may be selected.
33. By entering, a participant acknowledges that personal information about prize winners will be shared with the Promoter's agents to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to prize winners.
34. The Grand Prize is limited to:
a. Tickets to the event;
b. Return economy class flights between SA and UK;
c. Hotel accommodation for 3 nights;
d. R20,000 spending money for all travellers;
e. Travel insurance
f. Transfers to and from the following major centres: Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth to Johannesburg International Airport; and
g. Domestic transportation in the UK.
35. The winner and his/her friends nominated for this trip must fly and return on the same flights and stay at the same hotel selected by the Promoter. In case the full or party of the trip is voluntarily given up by the winner and/or his/her friends, the Promoter will NOT compensate the corresponding value in any form of financial means.
36. Winners must be in possession of a valid passport that does not expire less than 6 months from date of departure. Visa application, where applicable, is responsibility of the winner.
37. The Winner must be available to travel between July 2015 and September 2015.
38. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury sustained during the Winner's travel and stay in UK or SA.
39. Promoter will determine in their sole discretion the airlines and hotels to be provided as part of the Grand Prize.
40. Travel is subject to availability and travel dates are subject to change.
41. If a Winner or a Guest is not available or able to travel on the dates specified, Winner and Guest's privileges will be terminated and an alternative Winner will be selected from the remaining applicable eligible entries if time permits.
42. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be roundtrip. Winner's guest must be 18 years of age or older.
43. Winner and Winner's Guest must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as a Prize; if a stopover occurs, the Prize will terminate at the stopover point and full fare will be charged for the remaining segments, including the return, of the trip.
44. Promoter is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Schedules subject to change without notice. Promoter shall not be responsible for any damage to baggage or any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any elements of the Grand Prize.
45. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter does not accept any responsibility or liability to compensate the participants, or accept any liability for any personal loss or injury occurring using the Prizes or otherwise arising in relation to the Promotion.
46. The potential Winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she has complied with these rules) as well as a liability release, and where legal, a publicity release, each of which must be completed, signed and returned within five (5) days from date of issuance, or the Grand Prize will be forfeited and awarded to alternate Winner.
47. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter does not guarantee the quality of the Prizes and cannot be held liable for any personal loss or damage arising in connection with the Promotion.
48. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or withdraw your eligibility to participate in the Promotion, including any offers made under it, in the instance of fraudulent activity or other breach of these terms.
49. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, amend or substitute the Promotion with another Prize of equal or greater value. Promoter may need to vary these terms and conditions from time to time, at their discretion.
50. Although the Promoter has taken care to make sure that the prize/s is/are of a good quality, it does not give any warranties about the prize/s and you agree to accept the prize/s “as is”.
51. These terms form your entire agreement with us in relation to the Promotion.
52. Participants confirm by their entry that Facebook is not the promoter of this Promotion and they fully release Facebook from any liability in connection with this Promotion and this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook.
53. By entering this Promotion participants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information provided will only be used to contact participants if they are potential winners. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition are to be directed to the Administrator.
54. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any participant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Offer, as appropriate.
55. Any cost associated with accessing the Promotion website and/or sending SMS/MMS to the Promoter is the participant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet & telecommunication service provider used.
56. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows a participant to automatically participate repeatedly is prohibited and will render all claims submitted by that participant invalid.
57. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion including, but not limited to, those arising out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in the Prize to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; or (e) any tax liability incurred by a participant.
58. The Promoter works with a third party to provide the Prizes to you. The Promoter may collect and use your personal information in order to conduct and administer this Promotion and facilitate the distribution of the Prizes. Participation in this Promotion is conditional on providing this personal information. The Promoter may keep such information for future marketing purposes.
59. The collection, use or disclosure of personal information is otherwise conducted in accordance with local privacy and data laws and the Promoter’s Privacy Policies.
60. The Promoter is Kellogg Company South Africa (Pty) Ltd acting on behalf of Pringles International Operations SARL Singapore Branch, (Company Registration No.: T11FC0154H), a Singapore branch of Pringles International Operations SARL, duly organised and existing under the laws of Singapore with its registered office at 238B Thomson Road, #10-01/08 Novena Square, Tower B, Singapore; [SA Local Consumer Contact Centre: 0860 200 601]